FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is medical Marijuana only for people with AIDS, Cancer or Glaucoma?
You don’t have to be going blind from Glaucoma, or dying from AIDS or Cancer to receive compassion. If you suffer from a chronic or persistent medical or psychiatric disorder that either substantially limits the ability to conduct one or more major life activities or which, if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to your safety or physical or mental health, you may qualify for medical marijuana. Examples include chronic back/neck pain, severe menstrual cramps, depression, anxiety, chronic insomnia, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, spastic colitis, social phobia, flight phobia, and a chronic pain disorder.
- How can I find out if I have a condition that might benefit from medical marijuana?
Take our online Medical marijuana prequalification test.
- Is it legal?
Absolutely! We suggest that you download the Margolin Medical Marijuana Law Guide, provided free of charge, by Bruce Margolin, Attorney at Law. It will answer all of your questions concerning the law and medical marijuana.
- How do I set up an appointment with Dr. Bob Blake to get a medical marijuana referral?
Setting up an appointment is simple! If you are new just click here to access our new eVisit service. If you are a returning patient simply fill out the form, submit the fee and we’ll send the referral to your address and a temporary one to your email.
Just call us at 1-888-215-HERB (4372) if you have any questions.
- Do I need to be referred to Dr. Blake by another physician?
No. we can evaluate anyone who feels that they have a condition that might benefit from Medical Marijuana.
- Do I have to pay the fee if I do not receive a recommendation?
No, your fee will be refunded if you prequalify online and do not receive a recommendation. We think our prequalification test works and encourage you to save time and money by using this screening test.
- Will my name be on a state or federal list if I get a medical marijuana recommendation?
Absolutely not! We consider your privacy the utmost importance. We follow HIPAA guidelines to ensure patient privacy.
- Does your clinic accept insurance?
Currently Dr. Blake does not accept insurance. However we do offer a discount to people with Medi-Cal or Medi-Care.
- Can you tell me the process of getting a recommendation?
It is as simple as calling our office at 888-215-HERB (4372) and scheduling up an appointment. However, we suggest that you follow these 3 easy steps and save both time and money!Step 1. Prequalify online. First take our optional, free and confidential online prequalification test. We will then give you a $25 discount off the price of a new patient doctor visit for doing so!
Step 2. Call our office at 888-215-HERB to schedule an appointment. If you do not want to take the online prequalification test you can just start with this step.
Step 3. Download, fill out and bring our office forms with you to your appointment. This is not required, but will save you time! We have all the forms available in our office as well.
- Do I need to have a State Issued California Medical Marijuana ID card to use, possess and grow medical marijuana.
NO, all you need is a physician’s letter recommending or approving of your use of medical marijuana. For most people, we do not recommend the State of California Medical Marijuana ID card.
- What medical documentation should I bring to the appointment?
It is important for you to bring any medical documentation (from previous physician visits, ER visits, chiropractor visits, etc.) that supports your diagnosis. This includes: recent medical records, prescriptions, physician’s letter, chiropractor’s letter, x-rays, MRI’s, or any other documentation that you think can help.
- What else should I bring?
We require a valid form of identification with your picture, such as your drivers license, California State Identification Card or Passport.
- Do you issue letters of recommendation to people on probation?
No, we do not issue recommendations to people on probation.
- How can I obtain my medical records?
We provide a medical records release form on our web site which you can down load, fill out and send to the physician or hospital where you were treated. In addition we suggest that contact the health care provider directly so that they can tell you if there is anything else they require to release your records.
- What happens if I have never seen a physician but I know medical marijuana will help my condition?
You can still be evaluated at MMOC/MMSD/MMLA and qualify for a recommendation. Our physician may offer you a temporary recommendation with conditions that you must meet within a specified timeframe, typically 3 to 6 months. Why not start by taking our FREE online prequalification test and find out if you qualify?
- What happens if I cannot retrieve my records or documentation?
You can still be evaluated at our office and qualify for medical marijuana. Our physician may offer you a temporary recommendation with conditions that you must meet within a specified timeframe, typically 3 months.
- If I become a medical marijuana patient, where do I obtain medical marijuana?
We cannot help you purchase medical marijuana nor recommend any dispensary, collective or cooperative. There are numerous organizations and websites that will help you locate dispensaries, coops and connectives.